Wine & Dine
Our guest Chef Lukas Nagl from the restaurant Bootshaus in the hotel „Das Traunsee“ and Gerhard J. Lobner from the winery Mayer am Pfarrplatz from Vienna
Every year we hold a winemaker’s event to open the Game, Traditional Costume and Folk Music Week in October. We’ve already had several of Austria’s top award-winning chefs join forces with the GROSSARLER HOF’s Head Chef for this special Wine & Dine event. The winemaker’s event features culinary experiences aptly rounded off with top quality wines, humorously presented by the winemakers themselves.
An extraordinary and star-studded gourmet night!
This time round we look forward to welcoming gourmet chef Lukas Nagl from restaurant Bootshaus in hotel ‘Das Traunsee’. He will be joined by Gerhard J. Lobner from the Mayer am Pfarrplatz winery.
Lukas Nagl was awarded 4 toques and 17.5 points. Together with his team, Lukas Nagl combines the tradition of the region on Lake Traunsee and the best products with a cuisine that is always focused on taste with creative ease. For Lukas Nagl, the Salzkammergut is not only a home, but his inspiration for his dishes.
The history of the Mayer winery on Pfarrplatz goes back to the year 1683. Ludwig van Beethoven lived in the romantic-suburban house early in 1817 while he was working on his 9th symphony. Vienna is the only metropolis in the world that has significant viticulture within the city limits. Hans Schmid, owner and visionary of the winery and his young team with director Gerhard J. Lobner managed to establish the winery as a figurehead of Viennese viticulture within a few years and to gain not only national but also international attention.
Previous GROSSARLER HOF guest chefs and winemakers:
- 2012 – Roland Huber
- 2013 – Roland Huber / Weingut Bründlmayer and Weingut Sax
- 2014 – Josef Steffner und Thorsten Probost / Weingut Leo Hillinger and Weingut Erwin Poller
- 2015 – Josef Steffner and Vitus Winkler / Weingut Erich and Walter Polz and Weingut Hannes Reeh
- 2016 – Simon Taxacher / Weingut Leo Aumann and Weingut Erich Machherndl
- 2017 – Martin Sieberer / Weingut Anton Bauer (Falstaff winemaker of the year 2017)
- 2018 – Philip Rachinger / guest winemaker Karl Alphart from the eponymous winery
2019 – Roland Huber / Michael Moosbrugger from the Winery Schloß Gobelsburg