Wine & Dine
Our guest chef and winemaker’s event
Every year we hold a winemaker’s event to open the Game, Traditional Costume and Folk Music Week in October. We’ve already had several of Austria’s top award-winning chefs join forces with the GROSSARLER HOF’s Head Chef for this special Wine & Dine event. The winemaker’s event features culinary experiences aptly rounded off with top quality wines, humorously presented by the winemakers themselves.
An extraordinary and star-studded gourmet night!
This time round we look forward to welcoming award-winning chef Roland Huber from Toni Mörwald’s Le Ciel in Vienna. He will be joined by Michael Moosbrugger from the Schloss Gobelsburg winery.
Roland Huber was awarded 3 toques and 18 points by Gault&Millau. As he cooks in ‘heaven’ (Le Ciel), it’s no great surprise that his culinary creations are consistently divine. Whatever the food is like in actual heaven, it’ll have to benchmark itself against Roland Huber’s.
Schloss Gobelsburg has a 1000-year history and is thus one of Austria’s oldest wineries. Its 70 hectares of traditional vineyards surround the historic castle with each site having specific features with different soils and microclimatic conditions. Thanks to the winery’s CEO Michael Moosbrugger, Schloss Gobelsburg made it into Wine & Spirits magazine’s Top 100 in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014.
Previous GROSSARLER HOF guest chefs and winemakers:
- 2012 – Roland Huber
- 2013 – Roland Huber / Weingut Bründlmayer and Weingut Sax
- 2014 – Josef Steffner und Thorsten Probost / Weingut Leo Hillinger and Weingut Erwin Poller
- 2015 – Josef Steffner and Vitus Winkler / Weingut Erich and Walter Polz and Weingut Hannes Reeh
- 2016 – Simon Taxacher / Weingut Leo Aumann and Weingut Erich Machherndl
- 2017 – Martin Sieberer / Weingut Anton Bauer (Falstaff winemaker of the year 2017)
- 2018 – Philip Rachinger / guest winemaker Karl Alphart from the eponymous winery