Gentle winter in SalzburgerLand
Gentle winter in SalzburgerLand – fun away from the ski slopes
If you’re looking for snowy magic away from the slopes, the Grossarl Valley’s winter wonderland offers a treasure trove of winter sports and activities for your winter in SalzburgerLand. In addition to cross-country skiing and ski mountaineering, winter walking and snowshoeing are particularly impressive ways to discover the natural world around you. Ice skating and tobogganing are so sociable and great fun for the whole family!
What could be nicer than spending a winter holiday at the GROSSARLER HOF in the Grossarl Valley?
Winter in SalzburgerLand
- 35km of cleared winter hiking trails
- 25km of prepared cross-country skiing trails for both classic and skating styles
- A variety of snowshoeing routes
- Numerous ski mountaineering routes to the peaks around Grossarl and Hüttschlag
- 3km family-friendly natural toboggan run – the Toboggan Express takes you to the start at 1,550m above sea level where toboggans are available to hire
- Ice skating rink in Grossarl’s sports and leisure centre (free of charge)
- 5 curling sheets in the Grossarl Valley
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides through the Grossarl Valley
Cross-country skiing in the Grossarl Valley
The Grossarl Valley offers superb conditions for both classic cross-country and skate skiers. A cross-country ski trail starts just a few minutes’ walk away from the GROSSARLER HOF, and 25km of cross-country ski runs in and around Grossarl and Hüttschlag offer great opportunities for more extensive cross-country tours. Experienced guides run beginners and improvers’ courses – why not benefit from the experts’ tips and advice during your winter in SalzburgerLand? Equipment is available for hire from Grossarl’s sports shop.